Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fun in the Snow/Fun in the Sun

Last week was so much fun. We were able to play in both the snow and the sun so we got both extremes in just a couple of days. On President's Day, dad had to work but my parents were off so I went up to E-town for the day to play in the snow before it melted. They had like 3 feet in their yard but with the sun shining it started going fast. My dad was so excited to pull the kids on the sled behind the 4-wheeler so that's what we did first. Halen had a blast but Alex didn't want anything to do with it. I got him to sit in front of Halen for one trip around and that was about it. He sat with grandma on the back of the 4-wheeler for the rest of the time.
What a cute kid! Alex thought grandpa was going to make him
get in the sled again : (
After sledding, Halen wanted to build a snowman. Well, the snow wasn't the greatest for rolling snowballs so my dad improvised but shoveling snow into a bucket and piling up snow. It wasn't the prettiest snowman but it was definitely the most unique.
Alex had more fun eating the snow than any thing Halen with the finished product
(kind-of looks like Frankenstein or Herman
Munster with his square head Ü)
Then on Thursday, we flew out to Orlando to visit family and go to Sea World. We had to take a later flight than we hoped so we didn't get to Randy's brother's house until after midnight so we just went straight to bed.
On Friday, we visited for a while then went to Sea World for the afternoon and to dinner with everyone. Saturday was spent at the park again. The kids were so good. We saw almost every show and was on the go all day but they hardly complained. Alex had a little nap while we went through "Shark Encounters" but that was it. I thought he and Halen would both drop off in the car when we left but neither did. Halen waited until we go to dinner then slept through most of it at the restaurant.
The fam at the entrance to Sea World
Halen with his cousin who is one day younger
(too bad they don't live closer...they have so
much fun together)
Mom & Alex riding Sea World's version of
the tea cups
The boys (minus Alex) with the Clydesdale
Our mode of transportation
The boys with the dolphins
(of course they'd never swim by when the
boys were looking Ü)

Halen & Cael got to ride a ride all alone because dad's legs were too long

Sunday was just a lazy day spent visiting, letting the kids play and eating yummy homemade food. My sister-in-law is a great cook. I copied down some of her recipes but I know I won't be able to make them taste as good as she did.

We planned to come home early Monday morning, but again we were at the mercy of the flights so we didn't leave Orlando until 5:00 pm. We went to Sea World yet again that morning to let the kids ride the kid rides again one last time. It was a long day but we finally got the kids in their own beds at home about 11:45 that night (including the 2-hour time difference).

We had a lot of fun on our trip and want to thank our wonderful hosts. Hopefully we weren't too much of a burden and didn't overstay our welcome. I know it's a lot of work to have company stay but it was good to see them and let our boys play together since they don't get to do that very often.

3 comments:

Raquel said...

oh I'm so jealous! I would love to go to Florida about now! I have had enough snow and I love Sea World!

Coombs N Company said...

You are lucky that your dad pulled the kids with the 4-wheeler. My poor kids had to have me pull their sled and it really wasn't that much fun! I am jealous about the Sea World things too! We love it there. Sounds like you are having lots of fun!

Bobbi Simkins said...

sounds like fun! I wish we could fly wherever whenever! we would definitely take advantage of it without kids!