Monday, February 1, 2010

Christmas '09...Finally

So I'm finally getting around to posting about Christmas. I've been meaning to do it for a while but we got a new camera a couple months ago and we didn't have a way to get the pics off until now. So, I'm going to try to catch up on what we've been doing lately.

Christmas was fun this year because Halen actually gets the whole Santa concept now and he was so excited which in turn made Alex excited even though he didn't know what for. Ü We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with Randy's family then drove to Enterprise Christmas afternoon. It makes for a really long day but it's what we have to do to see both families on Christmas and the kids actually did pretty well.

The afternoon before Christmas, we all went up to Randy's parent's cabin in Midway. We can only drive so far in before we have to snowmobile so it's always an adventure to try to get kids, diaper bags, presents, food and people all up on one snowmobile and a sleigh. The kids love it though. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it all. I did manage to capture one shot of my darling husband and his snowmobile attire:

Silly man!

We had dinner at the cabin then the kids put on a little musical program which they love doing. Grandma goes to a lot of work putting together scripts and making costume pieces for the kids to wear. I got most of the program on my video camera and would love to put a little clip on of Halen singing his favorite Christmas song ("Santa Claus Is Coming To Town") but I don't know how to do it. If any of you could help me out with that it would be great!

All the cousins minus Alex...he wouldn't sit still

Halen got Mickey ears straight from DisneyWorld

Christmas morning...Halen playing bball & Alex chewing on a cow

Alex playing with his busy ball popper

Halen showing his fierce racing face Ü

All Halen's loot

Alex posing so cute with his stash

Thanks to all our friends and family for making our Christmas so special. We have some great people in our lives. We had so much fun playing games, visiting, eating, and everything else you do when you get together.

3 comments:

mandee said...

So cute and fun! No worries on the time line! At least it is done now!!

Bobbi Simkins said...

i'm glad im not the only one slacking on posting :) glad you had a good christmas

~Tara said...

Alena!! I LOVE Randy's snowmobile outfit!! I'm laughing so hard right now!! He cracks me up!! I'm so glad I found your blog so I can see what you guys are up to, since I don't see you that much.