Monday, November 2, 2009

Alex's First Birthday

I honestly can't believe that it's been a year since Alex joined our family. It went by way too quick. Alex got to celebrate his first birthday up in Enterprise at Grandma & Grandpa Simkins' house since we were all up there for the deer hunt. I didn't get to go last year since he was born the day before opening day so I didn't want to miss this year. We had to squeeze in a quick party in between the morning and afternoon hunting trips. Ü We want to thank everyone who came and helped make Alex's day special for him.

This is Alex's cupcake cake that I made at home and transported to Enterprise. I had to hold in on my lap the whole way but I think it made the trip fairly well.

Alex's attempt at "blowing" out the candle

Alex enjoying his birthday cupcakeAll done!
Everyone told me how clean my boys are when it comes to eating their birthday cakes. Halen didn't get messy with his first birthday cake until he dumped the plate on his head. Ü Alex only got his fingers and lips a little frosted but was for the most part pretty clean. I wish they could be more like that all the time. Ü
This has nothing to do with Alex's birthday, but I thought it was cute anyway. A few days ago I tried putting Halen down for a nap and he REFUSED to do so. I needed some quiet time so I told him he didn't have to sleep but he had to stay on his bed. Well, he didn't like that idea either and said he would stand by his bed instead. I said, "Fine, stand there but don't come out of your room." I heard him playing around in there for a little while but then it got pretty quiet. When I went to check on him, he had held his ground about not getting ON his bed but had given in and fallen asleep UNDER his bed. Ü Silly boy!

No comments: