Monday, June 29, 2009

Our New House

We've finally done it...we've bought our own home. I guess it's not official just yet, but we started the closing process last Friday and we hope to have the keys by Wednesday. That's when the real fun begins. The home isn't move-in-ready which is a down side to it, but it also means we can make it our own by putting our own carpet and paint in it to make it how we want. It's going to be a big job but will be really nice once it's done.

The house is out in Washington Fields in the Scenic Sunrise subdivision. It was a foreclosure that has 5 bedrooms/3 baths with 2 big bonus rooms upstairs so there's plenty of room to grow. ; ) The backyard is pretty big too so that will be nice for the boys to go play in. We pretty much had our choice between 3 homes since we got accepted on all 3 at the same time but we only had a day or two to decide. One was out toward Hurricane and I really didn't want to be out that far so I ruled that one out pretty quick. The other home was probably my favorite but I think it was because it was move-in-ready so I could see the finished product but it wasn't as big and didn't have a very big backyard. That's why we chose the home we did. I'm finally starting to see the potential our house has and I think I'll really like it once we're in.

We've already met the neighbors on one side of us and they seem really nice. We actually hired him to do our loan for us. It's kind-of funny how everything has come together on this home. It's almost like it was meant to be. I'm excited to get into a neighborhood with more kids so Halen can have someone to play with close by. I guess their Primary has about 300 kids in it so hopefully he'll hit it off with some of them. I'm a little nervous just because I'm not all that outgoing myself so I'm praying I can get over that and can make some friends in the ward myself.

Below are just a few BEFORE pics of the house. I'll update again in a few days with the progress and final product.
The Front

The Back (obviously the grass needs a little work too)

The Entryway

The Kitchen

One of the Bonus Rooms upstairs

7 comments:

Drake Family said...

WOW! Alena that is so awesome and I am so excited for you guys. You're right...fixing it up is one of the fun parts even though it is a lot of work. I am sure you guys will love it and you (and Halen) should make plenty of friends. I can't believe there are 300 kids!! Crazy!

Drake Family said...

Oh and I forgot to tell you...the house looks really cute already. Can't wait to see your after shots.

Keli said...

What a cool house! I love that kitchen! Hopefully fixing it up will be as fun in practice as it is in theory.

It's not, just so you know. Be prepared! I've been there. But it's always worth it!

Coombs N Company said...

What a cute house. I am so excited for you guys! I think that you will have lots of fun fixing it how you want it. You can still make it your own, but you don't have to wait through the construction process. Can't wait to come and see it when you are done!

Bobbi Simkins said...

how exciting! wow that is a big primary! i feel bad for that presidency! the inside looks really nice (other than the carpet of course) i like the kitchen. can't wait to see the finished product :)

mandee said...

What a cute house! That area looks so nice! There are so many new homes out there! You are right about how things come together.

I wish you the best fixing it up...

Shauna said...

It's been so long since we have chatted. I love your home Alena! It is beautiful & I love the layout and the yard. You will love it I promise. The home we bought was a foreclosure as well & believe me it had a ton of work. I promise, if you think your house looks bad, whoa, you should have seen ours when we moved in a year ago. But like you, we too saw the potential and I love our home now. Even though it takes time & money to fix it up, it is so worth it in the end. The last really big project we have to do is paint the outside of the house this summer. Plus all of those little endless projects. Congratulations though. Owning your own home is such a blessing & very exciting. And your boys are so cute. Too bad they are a little too young for my two. I think I would have had to play match maker when they were older. I miss you! You are such a wonderful person, don't worry about making friends. You are the type of person people just naturally are attracted to. Keep in touch & once again congrats!