I know Memorial Day was a week ago, but this is the first chance I had to post about it. We had a good Memorial Day weekend where we got to go up to Enterprise on Friday and help decorate the graves of my dad's family. It was the first time I was able to see my grandpa's headstone. My grandma did a REALLY good job with it...it looks great! Afterward, I convinced my dad into doing some of his fabulous dutch oven potatoes and we grilled burgers and just hung out and visited for a while. Halen had so much fun playing baseball with grandpa and the weather was so nice...everyone thought it was a little cool, but for us St. G folk, it was wonderful.
The rest of the weekend was spent looking at more homes and doing yard work at our current home. We just never seem to get caught up and it gets so hot outside it's hard to stay out very long. We're getting closer to buying a home so hopefully I'll be able to post some pics of it soon. But that's just a short recap of our somewhat eventful weekend along with some pics we took while we were in E town.

Alex sitting in front of his namesake's
(Kent) headstone.

Halen showing off the back of the headstone
(the "K" is my grandpa's cattle brand)

Grandma and Alex cuddling with a blanket
No comments:
Post a Comment