Monday, October 28, 2013

Halen's 7th Birthday

My little boy turned 7 this year and I can't believe where the time has gone.  I love him so much.  For both Halen & Alex's birthday's this year, they opted to not do a friend birthday party and go to Disneyland instead.  So on Halen's birthday, we invited his cousin, Cassidy, to go to Jumpin' Jacks with him and Alex to play for a while after school.
Cassidy & Halen
Halen insisted that Mia bounce with him but she didn't like it so much. Ü
After playing for a couple hours, we went back to the house for a family party.  Grandma & grandpa Ogden were on their way out to Vermont to report for their mission so they called to talk to Halen so basically it was just the Simkins side of the family that came but everyone was able to come except for Luke and Bobbi who were waiting for their twins to be born any day.
Grandma pushing Mia & Myles around the kitchen
Halen had a hard time trying to decide what kind of cake he wanted this year and finally decided to go with a BYU football cake.  Alex had a football cake a couple years ago so I already had the pan so I was fine with that.  Halen also doesn't like chocolate (I know, where did he come from Ü) so we went with a white football instead of the traditional brown one.  I also cheated a little because I used a sticker that Randy got at a BYU game for the "Y". Ü  But I thought it turned out ok.

We played "Pin the mustache on Mario" and Mia thought she wanted to be Mario Ü
Blowing out the candles (couldn't get the guys to turn the football game off)
Halen really wanted a 3D glow board
Halen was spoiled with lots of fun toys and some much needed pants so thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate.  My little boy is growing up so fast.  Happy birthday bud!!!

No comments: