Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Baby Girl Ogden

Our beautiful baby girl is finally here.  I didn't get a June baby like I was hoping for but the important thing is that she's here and she's healthy.  At my 36+ week doctor appointment, I was already dilated to an 7.  My doctor said he was worried that I would go into labor on my own and that I wouldn't make it to the hospital in time since I was so far advanced and knowing that Alex came so quick.  He wanted to start me that week but I talked him into waiting until my next appointment to see if anything changed.  Well, it did.  At my appointment on May 29, I was at an 8 so he wanted to send me over to labor and delivery right then.  I didn't feel like I was ready so I asked if we could wait another week and the doctor looked at me like I was crazy.  My worries were that the baby wouldn't be ready yet since I wasn't quite 38 weeks yet and that my parents were in Mexico and wouldn't be back until the next Monday.  I knew my doctor wouldn't let me hold out for them to get home so I put it off as long as I could.  May 31, was my 38-week mark so we went ahead and got scheduled for an induction that morning.  Since I had to be induced with my other 2, I don't have anything else to compare it to but I actually like being induced.  That way I can plan and prepare.  On the other hand, I can psych myself out too knowing when it's going to happen. Ü

We got the call at 5:40 am Thursday morning telling us to be there at 6:30.  We had taken the boys over to Randy's parents the night before just in case we got called in real early and it's a good thing we did.  So we got to the hospital at 6:30 and got hooked up and going by 7:30.  I had toyed with the idea of not having an epidural, but decided at the last minute that I wanted to remember everything so I opted for it.  I got the epidural about 8:30 and my left side went numb almost immediately but my right side had a harder time.  So I laid on my right side trying to get it to go more numb and eventually it did.  But when the doctor came to break my water at 9:30, something happened that made my right side come almost completely out and I could move my leg and feel everything.  I tried pressing the button to release more of the meds to the epidural but apparently it had gone long enough that it locked me out.  I was having some pretty strong contractions and could feel a TON of pressure that was almost putting me in tears so the nurse went to get the anesthesiologist to come help.  Of course, he was in helping with a c-section and couldn't come right then so I had to endure a few more painful contractions before the baby dropped enough to relieve the pressure and I could start pushing.  Once I was pushing I couldn't feel the contractions or much pain but I could feel her coming out.  I only pushed about 20-minutes before out little girl was here.
Born at 10:21 am, 8lbs 11oz, 20 inches long
Getting to know mommy
Getting to know daddy

Grandma & grandpa Ogden brought the boys over to meet their little sister once we got moved up to our room. They thought she was pretty cute and fun to look at. I think they were a little surprised at how tiny she was.
Meeting their little sister
I love their little nervous smiles Ü
The boys love to look at her. They'll be good big bros.
First family photo
I felt much better after this delivery than I did after having the boys so I was moving around quite well on my own. Randy basically had to lift me in and out of bed before but this time wasn't as bad. I only had a to have 1 stitch and as long as I had ibuprofen, I was fine. I mean obviously I was sore, but nothing like I was before so that was nice. We were home just after 10:00 Saturday morning and it felt so good to be there with our little family.
Finally at home
The boys are SO excited to have their little sister home
You may have noticed that I haven't said anything about the baby's name...that's because we didn't really have one.  We batted around names in the hospital but we just couldn't agree on anything.  I wanted to name her Kali and had called her that my whole pregnancy but Randy didn't like the name.  His picks were either Rika (Japanese) or Jovie.  I didn't like either of those.  Friday night, we had it narrowed down to Zoey or Cami...Randy wanted Zoey, I wanted Cami.  When the boys came to pick me up Saturday morning, Randy somehow talked me into putting Zoey down on the birth certificate form (I told them not to file it yet since we had 7 days because I wasn't sold on the name).  So we left the hospital with Zoey.  But by Monday, I was REALLY doubting our decision and told Randy I wanted to change it.  So we went back to the drawing board.  Cami was still the only name I really liked that Randy didn't mind and Randy said when he first saw the baby he thought she looked like a Mia.  So we, again, had it narrowed down to Cami and Mia.  I don't know why it was such a hard decision to make but we took the ENTIRE 7 days to decide on a name.  I would sit and look at her and just cry and cry (I think a little postpartum set in Ü) because I didn't want to make the wrong choice.  When it came down to it, we decided to go with Mia.  So Mia Ogden it is.  Hopefully she will like it.

I feel VERY blessed to have this little angel in our home.  I feel much more complete now as a family and I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father blessed us with this little miracle.  The boys absolutely love her and have to know where she is all the time.  They want to touch her as often as they can and are always rubbing her head.  I keep telling them they're going to rub off what little hair she has. Ü  But so far she's a decent sleeper through the night and doesn't cry that often.  She has been so fun to have around and I can't wait to share experiences with her as she gets older.  I love you Mia!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I absolutely love the name. The first time I heard it I thought, "Marsha, Ilene, Alena"... even if thats not it, it seems perfect. She is beautiful and I am so happy for you guys!

~Tara said...

Oh, she's precious!! Congratulations!!! I hope to see her soon!! :0)

Coombs N Company said...

Oh I finally had time to read all of your psot. She is beautiful and you look amazing! Good job! I am glad that you stuck it out and decided on Mia. I think it is cute and she will love it! I can't wait to come and see you both!