Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We're Having a Girl!!!

3D view
It's a girl!
We've actually known since January that we were going to be adding a girl to our family but I'm just now getting around to getting it on the blog. I kind-of had a feeling before going for the ultrasound that it was a girl but I didn't dare tell Randy that. He really wanted another boy. Maybe that's an understatement. It's not so much that he wanted another boy, he just didn't want a girl. He didn't think that we should have any more kids in the first place so he had just gotten over the fact that we were having another baby then had to find out we were having a girl. I think he's come to terms with it at this point but it's taken some time. He's going to be great with her though. I've watched him with his nieces and he's so cute with all of them.
I have to admit that it's been a bit of an adjustment for me as well to say "her" and "she" instead of "his" and "he". I've spent the last 6 years in boy mode so it will take a little bit to switch to girl mode. I'm way excited though. I think it will be fun to have another girl in the house and someone I can hopefully do things with when she gets older.
The ultrasound shows the due date at June 16, but I'm measuring a little bit over my 26 weeks so the doctor said we'll probably go off of the calendar date and move it up a couple days to the 14th. If this pregnancy goes the way the last two went, I'll probably have to be started at 39 weeks which would put her being born about the 7th. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next couple months.

2 comments:

Trevor said...

YEAH!!!! Let the DRAMA begin! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see what a Ogden girl looks like! Congrats! June is a great month for a baby! :)

~Tara said...

I'm SO excited for you guys!! It'll be so fun having a girl to dress up and put bows in her hair. I can't wait to see her. She'll be here before you know it!