Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Easter 2011

I'm really late getting this posted and you'd think with all the "taking it easy" time I've had that I would have done it sooner but I didn't. I don't even have a good reason. Ü But our Easter picnic this year was a little different than most for a few reasons. 1) It was really late in the year being pretty much the last weekend in April. 2) It was only 3 days after my surgery (more on that later) so I wasn't able to participate in the egg rolling contest with my kids. And 3) my Grandma & Grandpa Singleton weren't there for the first time in my life. My grandma had colon cancer surgery at the end of February and in the process they found liver cancer as well so she had a couple more surgeries after that. She started chemo just yesterday but she didn't feel well enough to come up to Snow Canyon for our picnic. So after we were done there, we all went over to her house for dessert.

The weather was great though. We were worried that it would be way hot since it was so late in the season. But it was just about perfect. Those of us who were there had a good time visiting and had some good food. The egg rolling contest was just as competitive as ever and after seeing some of the "eggs" that were brought, I think there will be some rules put in place for next year.


My boys waving to mom sitting at the bottom of the hill


Easter morning the boys woke up and were so excited to see if the Easter Bunny came...and sure enough he did! Halen & Alex both had fun going around the living room looking for all the places the Easter Bunny hid their candy. They were so fun to watch.


Halen trying to decide which ones to pick up first

Alex gather the candy from the piano



The happy boys with all their loot


Even though I wasn't able to get into much of the fun, I had a good time watching the kids have fun. Just a little about about my surgery, I had to have a cyst removed from my left ovary that was a little bigger than a golf ball and was getting bigger. We first found it in January and another ultrasound in March showed it had doubled in size. My doctor wanted to take it out right away but we had our South Carolina trip planned and I didn't want to mess that up so I asked her if we could wait. She agreed and had me do another ultrasound after we got home and saw it had grown again in just a couple weeks. As much as I didn't want to have to do it, I guess it's good I had it removed. It was the kind of tumor that wouldn't have gone away but it is benign thank goodness. My doctor hoped to be able to take it out with a scope but it was too big so she had to do a "mini" incision (about 2 inches) to get it out. It's just amazing how much you use your stomach muscles and don't even realize it. It's a good thing I have a strong husband who could pretty much lift me up and down and help me get around. Ü I was pretty sore for a couple weeks but I'm doing much better now. Thanks to all my family who helped me out by watching the kids so I didn't have to worry about them.

2 comments:

Keli said...

Thank goodness everything was okay! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Coombs N Company said...

Easter looks like a party! I am glad that your surgery went all right I had no idea! Hope that you are feeling better!