Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mini Indy

A couple Saturday's ago, Randy's employer, SkyWest Airlines, hosted the 9th annual Mini Indy at Dixie State College. It's basically a bunch of souped-up go carts that race around the encampment mall in different heats just like Nascar. It's an all-day event with races all morning, a cookoff for lunch and more racing in the afternoon. These teams REALLY get into this too. It's fun to watch and is a great fundraiser for United Way. Randy's department is in charge of the pits so he gets to be all official and make sure the teams he's in charge of do things correctly. I helped out a few years ago and it was way fun but I haven't been able to participate since having kids. But Halen has loved going each year and even got to spend most of the time in the pit with dad this time. Alex enjoyed being outside too and was intrigued with all the action. I think he'll really get into it next year.
Halen and dad on pit rowDad and his boys

No comments: